Saturday, February 7, 2009

it's been a while...

So after much searching, I have finally found the hat that Kirsten Dunst (love her or hate her) wears in Elizabethtown...let me just tell you that I was so taken by this hat she wears in the previews that I watched the movie. The movie was so-so, but that hat looks just as wonderful! Can't wait to pick yarn and make it!

My friends daughter fell asleep in my arms last night and let me tell you it was so sweet....I need to have a baby. I just do. I realize it's not all dressing them up and snuggling them- but it is wanting to scream and cry and give them back, but it's all worth it, isn't it? Someday. In the meantime I am making things for other peoples children and it seems to be good medicine...sometimes.

Ian's medication decided to stop working....it could have been because he was getting sick when he was getting the infusion, but in any case, he has to try something else. Is the insurance company being helpful? Naturally. Yes I'm rolling my eyes right now. But that's all ok, univerals health care here we come! Because THAT's better. Please. Give me some yarn and I'll keep my hands busy so I don't strangle anyone!

2 comments:

Sara Kay said...

Hii!! I like Kirsten Dunst's hat, too...it looks like it would fall off easily from the way she's wearing it...did you find a pattern somewhere?

I'm going to try blogging more, but I feel like a dork since nobody looks at it :o(

We're sorry to hear that Ian's medicine stopped working; is he on something better now?

michelle said...

well, hello, friend :)

reading your blog makes me want to knit! (my mother-in-law would LOVE that.)

it was so sweet, seeing piper sleep in your arms. and i KNOW that some day if WILL be your baby sleeping there. i do. i just know. keep that smile on, and knit on!

...especially since we are the proud recipients of your labor and craft!